It does not matter if you are a complete beginner with zero knowledge of pinhole photography or an expert in the art of it – we welcome all abilities. We believe in keeping our workshops relaxed and fun to maintain your focus and help you get the most out of this learning experience. Our workshops are suitable for children too, accompanied by a participating adult they can join in for FREE, we will even provide them with all of the equipment free of charge.
The low-tech nature of the pinhole makes things very interesting, no longer are you relying on a cameras histogram for perfect exposures, or a live view for attaining back to front pin-sharp images that are perfectly composed; instead you make the decision and intuitively compose. Rest assured you will come away feeling confident about creating images and even after you complete the workshop we are happy to offer further advice should you need it. Remember this is a unique experience where you have two experienced pinhole photographers who are there to offer advice, hints & tips and instil confidence – you will not find a better workshop.
The beautiful Victorian beach town of Saltburn famous for its pier and water powered funicular. The pier is an obvious attraction to the photographer but the newly renovated promenade has a few features that are worth an explore. This really is a place that lends itself to the pinhole camera creating timeless images.
- Practical & engaging pinhole photography workshop for all abilities.
- Distance: 3 miles (approximate total walking)
- Fitness: Easy/Moderate (level walks on promenade, optional climbs to terrace and cliff)
- Group size: 6 (maximum based on 2 guides)
- Cost: £75 pp (see our special offers & discounts here)
- When: 28 April, 2019
- Duration: 4 hrs (approx.)
- Included: one roll of film, presentation pack (inc. developed film, scanned images and a selection of prints)
- Excluded: pinhole (unless requested), insurance, accommodation, food/drink & transport.
Very little equipment is required for pinhole photography and if you have not got your own pinhole camera do not worry about that as there are some special offers here or if you are not ready to make a purchase we can provide you with one for the duration of the workshop (there are a limited number of loan pinholes so please mention this upon enquirying).
Recommended equipment (as a minimum):
- tripod (do not forget a mount plate)
- spirit level block
If you would like to make an enquiry about a place on this workshop, please e-mail us at email@example.com
If you prefer to have a more bespoke workshop why not check out our 1-2-1 workshops.
Ian Burton & Andrew Atkinson